Sunday 24 February 2013

Sunday Bloggers Interview #6

Technically this should be #7, but last week I missed the post as the week was just so hectic for me Sunday came and went without me even realising.

Todays blogger is Ellie from Ellie's Ramblings . I have been a follower of Ellie's blog for ages now and I love it. The design is beautiful and of course the content is brilliant too.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging in February last year after spending most of my time reading beauty blogs and watching Youtube videos. I have also had a passion for beauty and needed something to share my love for all things beauty and fashion related. Once I realised there was a community of like minded people there was no way I was not going to become a part of it, so I set up my blog Ellie’s Ramblings and have loved it ever since.
 
2. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
I love the feeling I get after I finish writing a post I have been working on for a while. Once it is published and I know people have read and enjoyed it, it really makes my day. Getting lovely comments from readers is something that encourages me to keep blogging, especially if I feel like I am loosing motivation. The blogging community is full of really lovely people, I have met so many bloggers that have been so supportive to me over the past few months and I feel like I am genuinely friends with.
 
3. What are your favourite make-up brands?
I love drugstore brands, I think there are some real gems to be found in the likes of Superdrug and Boots. Most brands are owned by companies that have higher end brands so it is easy to find really good products for a much cheaper price, although if I can afford it I like to treat myself to higher end products every now and then.
I love Rimmel and think they have some fantastic products that I use daily. If I could I would own everything from MAC because everything looks beautiful and is great quality, I am building a lipstick collection! Revlon have also brought out some brilliant products in the past year.
 
4. What are your top 5 all time favourite beauty products? (hair, makeup, skin, etc)
My favourite foundation is the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation, it really illuminates my skin and gives enough coverage for a great every day foundation.
I hate to say it because it is fairly pricey but Benefit They’re Real is by far my favourite mascara, it lengthens, separates and adds volume without clumping or smudging.
The Tangle Teezer is a product I actually do not think I could live without, it has improved the condition of my hair a huge amount since I have had it and do not even use another hairbrush anymore!
I love the Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser as it removes any dirt on my skin and leaves my face feeling very soft and clean, plus it is so much cheaper than the Liz Earle cleanser.
My favourite lip product is something I find reallllly difficult to pick! But what I reach for most at the moment is the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains. They are very easy to wear and low maintenance, but still give great colour pay off and leave my lips feeling hydrated.
 
5. Do you have any beauty tips to share?
Everyone is different has different routines or things they do depending on what their skin needs. I think looking after your skin is really important and I know everyone says it but I always take my make up off before I go to bed because you need to give your skin time to breathe. Cleansing and moisturising alone has really improved. I think sometimes using less skincare is better for your skin as you can find out what it really needs.
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A big thanks to Ellie for taking part, you can visit Ellie's blog HERE.

And if you would like to take part, visit the page HERE.

Gem x

2 comments:

  1. I love Ellie's blog! Lovely interview, I'm really enjoying this series :)

    Jesss xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this girl's down to earth recommendations! Must check out her blog :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...