Monday 26 March 2012

George @ Asda Eyeshadow Primer Review

While I was shopping in Asda the other day I came across this little gem, George's Eyeshadow Primer for £3.50, and they had an offer where you got a free George Faux Lash Mascara with it. I am a sucker for offers and I had just run out of my ELF eyshadow primer so I thought why not. I will review the mascara separately (its good) so if you are interested keep an eye out for that too. 



The packaging is very simple, something I can look past as it is the product inside that really counts. It comes in a nice hygienic squeezy tube with a nozzle on the end, better than the ELF wand applicator in my opinion.

The primer itself is definitely silicone based and leaves a very smooth base for you to apply your eyeshadow onto. I found that the best way to apply this is to pat the product onto your eyelid, don't rub.

It is beige coloured when you squeeze it out but once blended it is colourless. It leaves a nice silky smooth base which shadows blend onto lovely. I used a light natural colour shadow on both eyelids, one with primer and one with out. At the end of the day I was left with the eyeshadow with primer on it still looking as it did the moment I applied it. No creasing or fading. The eyeshadow with out the primer had creased and faded.

So overall I think that this is a great eyeshadow primer and for the price of £3.50 you get a lot in the tube as you only need a small amount. I would definitely reccomend this if you are looking for an inexpensive, clear eyeshadow primer as it does the job nicely. 

Rating: 5/5

5 comments:

  1. This sounds great and what a bargin. Thanks for sharing. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this myself but didn't know whether to try it! Definitely will now, thanks! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice little review. And the blog update looks so much better now xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definatly checcking out the primer! plus its so cheap! You've got a great blog!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have terrible trouble with creasing, I must try this. Great review :) xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...