Staying fashionable can be very expensive. I don't consider myself to be at all fashionable, but I like to try. I love fashion and keeping up with the latest trends.
Over the years I have tried and tested many ways to save money on fashion. I went from being a poor Uni student straight into being a poor mother with all my money going on my
So I thought it would be great to share with you my favourite websites which help me stay fashionable on a budget. Perhaps they can help you too because seriously, who doesn't love a bargain?
I love eBay. Its great for buying clothing and accessories Second hand. I have purchased many second hand dresses from eBay. Its also great that you are protected not only by eBay but by PayPal also, so you can buy with confidence.
eBay is also great for buying new clothing. There are some great sellers on eBay with great fashion shops, some of my personal favourites are:
- GadgetcKing - Sells all sorts of things but on the fashion side, some lovely accessories at great prices including these fairisle printed leggings, £4.99 and this collar necklace (which I have bought myself, its great) £3.69.
- Funky Diva - Sells on trend fashion pieces for a fraction of the price. The prices are great but the postage cost is £1.99, so this seller is best if you want a few pieces from them as they combine postage.
eBay is also great for buying craft pieces like rhinestones and studs to customise your clothes. A great way of revamping old clothing.
I never purchase anything off the net before checking for a discount code, and I suggest you do the same. This site is a great one stop shop for discount codes relating to fashion and more. I love the layout of the website, it is so easy to find the code you are looking for and is such an easy site to use.
Facebook? I hear you ask. Well, let me explain. There are two ways I use Facebook for saving money on fashion.
- Facebook selling and swapping groups - There are a lot of selling and swapping groups on Facebook, just type 'Selling' or 'Swap' into the search bar and they will pop up. Many are local which is great as you can save on postage buying or swapping locally.
- Brands Fan Pages - These brand pages frequently have promotional offers and discounts for their Facebook fans. They also offer VIP sale shopping, where you can shop the sale items before anyone else. A good example of a brand that does this is Newlook. You just need to like the page to get these offers.
This website is a wealth of information for money saving tips on everything from fashion to flights. It has saved me a small fortune over the years and I really recommend you check it out.
They have a whole section of the website dedicated to Beauty and Fashion, where they list the latest discount codes and sales going on. They often let you know a couple of days before hand if a sale is going to be on so you can be first in line or be on the website ready to get a bargain.
They also have a great forum where you can discuss voucher codes and sales. Members often post about great fashion bargains they have found. It also has a great section on eBay tips for buyers and sellers to help you get the best price possible.
5. Top Cash Back:
A cash back website where you can earn money back from shopping online. They pay you a certain percentage of the total amount you spend when you click through them to go to the website you are going to buy from.
I bought a dress of AX Paris the other day through top cashback and got 8% cash back and found a voucher code for free delivery. In total I saved about £5!
Ok, blogs arent necesarily one website but they are great for finding a bargain when it comes to fashion. If there is a sale on, guarenteed a blogger will have blogged a haul post about it!
Blogs are also great for finding a second hand fashion bargain, with many bloggers selling their second hand clothes in blog sales.
7. Chiara Fashion:
A great website which sells fashionable clothes at bargain prices. I find them to be cheaper than boohoo.com, but the clothes and accessories they sell are very similar.
They almost always have a sale on with lots of bargains to be had.
a few of my favourite items at the moment are these Palazzo Pants for £11.99 and this gorgeous body con dress which is in the sale for a bargain £7.95.
8. OMG Fashion:
Another great fashion website with great prices.They also have free delivery on all orders at the moment for even more savings.
a few of my favourite pieces from this website are this cut out top body con dress £9.99 and these nude red soled shoes, very Louboutin-esque.
The online shopping Juggernaut, Amazon sell almost everything you can imagine, even clothing and accessories. They have a whole department dedicated to fashion and have over 600,000 pieces for sale.
They have all the big brand names and regularly have sales on. At Christmas time I managed to get a pair of EMU boots for £75 RRP £195. They are currently selling for £98 still with a considerable amount off the recommended retail price.
10. Girl Meets Dress:
There are some occasions where only a designer dress will do. So what do you do when you cant afford designer prices? Look no further than Girl Meets Dress. Here you can 'borrow' a designer dress for a fixed price. Prices start from £29 for two nights, with the more expensive dresses costing more to rent.
I am in love with this Marc Jacobs dress and would love to wear this on a special night out. I can imagine the compliments you would get and you could pretty much guarantee that nobody else will be in the same dress. This particular dress costs £59 to rent out for 2 nights and is only available in a size 10. Just be careful not to spill your drink. (Although they do offer an insurance service which costs £7 to cover a zip split, minor tears and drink spillages that come out with dry cleaning).
My Top Tips for Fashion Shopping online
- ALWAYS check for voucher codes before making any online purchase. www.fashionvouchers.com is a great resource when shopping for fashion.
- ALWAYS go check a cash back website to see whether there is any cash back available on your purchases.
- If you have something in particular in mind or have seen something on a particular website, check eBay first. You may find the exact same dress you wanted from Top Shop for a fraction of the price, or you may find something very very similar.
There are so many ways you can be a money saving fashionista online. I hope this article has been of some help to you, happy shopping.