Wednesday 14 March 2012

Revlon Lip Butter Review and Lip Swatches

If you have been reading my blog, you would have seen my previous post on how excited I was about getting the new Revlon Lip Butters.

They were released in the US first, and have had amazing reviews from bloggers in America. They are meant to be as pigmented as a lipstick and as moisturising as a balm, a kind of hybrid product.

I have to be honest I was expecting a lot from these, do they live up to my expectations?

They are called lip butters, so I expected the consistency to be as such. I was quite disappointed because they feel nothing like putting butter on your lips, haha. They feel like a moisturising lipstick, quite nice and not at all gloopy or sticky, which is great. To me they are like wearing a lipstick and a lip gloss at the same time, a sort of 2-in-1 lip product. They glide on effortlessly, and can be used sheer for a bit of colour or built up for a stronger look.

Below are pictures of me wearing the Lip Butters, my lips are a natural light pink colour for reference. 

I chose the colours Peach Parfait and Strawberry Shortcake.

I love both of these colours and will definitely be getting more if they are on offer. I really like the look of Cotton Candy and Berry Smoothie, they are next on my list.

Strawberry Shortcake is a blue toned pink, with out any shimmer or glitter in it, perfect for everyday wear.





Peach Parfait is a pinky peach with gold glitter in it. I really like this colour and it is also great for everyday. I am however, slightly disappointed as this is the colour Emma Stone is wearing in the Promo picture and it looks gorgeous on her, it doesn't turn out the same colour on my lips unfortunately. But it is still a lovely colour.







Overall I really like the Lip Butters and I would definitely recommend trying them.

They didn't entirely live up to my expectations, they are a nice product but they are nothing exceptional in my opinion. But are a nice moisturising lip colour.

Rating 4.5/5

Gemx

8 comments:

  1. Hey Gem,

    Your so lucky to have gotten your hands on these, everytime I check boots website they are sold out, grrr. I too have been fantasizing over these as well as maybelline color tattoos :-) Did you see MissBB spotted these in Superdrug? Mucho excited

    Lou xxx

    http://allthatshimmerz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I am itching to get the tattoos, payday is not until next Friday though... Lol x

      Delete
  2. They aren't avaliable in the uk yet, i believe they are at th weekend (?) they do look lovely though! I'll
    Be purchasing more than 1 i think!

    Glitterdustandsequins@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are out now, not 100% sure, I got these from the boots website. There was a glitch and they went on sale early, and they honoured my order :) x

      Delete
  3. I managed to get a couple in boots! I think I overhyped these in my head, because although good, they weren't quite what I thought they'd be either! xx

    http://ocbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do give a lovely finish but I doubt I would pay £9.99 for one, I got them 2 for £10 on the boots website :) x

      Delete
  4. I have Berry Smoothie, Cupcake and Lollipop and i seriously LOVE them! I think they would've been even better if they tasted like the name of them though. But great review! xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...