Tuesday 20 March 2012

Bourjois Flower Perfection Foundation Review

Bourjois Flower Perfection Foundation Review
Bourjois say: 

A youth extension foundation with a velvety smooth finish, for up to 16 hrs.
With a built-in smoothing sponge applicator, the results are spectacular! Skin is up to 70% smoother, pores and fine lines are corrected, without masking the skin, leaving the complexion perfectly even.
Skincare action: its SPF 15 formula with wild azalea flower, protects skin cells for long-lasting youth extension
And it’s good for my skin:
- Non comedogenic formula
- Dermatologically tested


I don't usually stay loyal to a foundation for very long but my favourite foundation for about a year now has been Healthy Mix by Bourjois. I loved the fact that it lasted well and gave my skin a lovely healthy looking glow. But I have been having trouble with my skin lately, one moment its dry and flaky, then the next it is greasy and oily. If you use Healthy Mix or have read any reviews, mine here, you will know that it has the tendency to cling to dry patches, and also make your skin appear greasy if you do have oily skin. 


My skin has really been playing up the last couple of weeks. It has become more oily, but dry at the same time, and Healthy Mix was becoming a little too dewy on my skin, and sticking to the dry patches. 

So I saw that Bourjois had a new foundation out, and having read a couple of great reviews for it, I decided to give it a go. I knew it was meant to be more matte than healthy mix. It was on offer in Boots at the time so I got two for £13, which I thought was a bargain. 

I got the shade 52, in the shop this looked the perfect match for me, but do be aware that the foundation will oxidise after a couple of minutes from application to a slightly darker shade. So it is slightly darker than my natural skin colour, so I just blend it down onto my neck and this seems to help even things out. 

It is a matte finish with slightly more coverage than the Healthy Mix, which for me is great as I have terrible skin which needs a good medium to full coverage foundation. I apply it using my Real Techniques stippling brush. There is a sponge included in the lid, but I don't like using a sponge to apply my foundation so I just discarded this.


It is a much thicker consistency than healthy mix, and a little harder to work with. I would recommend using a stippling brush or buffing brush to apply this foundation as it does take a little work to blend. Once blended though it looks amazing. 

Like Healthy Mix, this foundation also has a scent to it. Usually I don't like scented cosmetics but the smell on this foundation is lovely and not at all chemically, like most scented makeup. As expected the smell is rather flowery.


I have very sensitive skin and some foundations can break me out, but I am glad to say that this one doesn't do that.

This combined with my Real Techniques stippling brush leaves my skin looking close to flawless. It doesn't look cakey at all, and lasts really well, around 6 hours. Another plus for this foundation is the fact that I don't need to use a setting powder with this foundation, as it gives such a nice matte finish. 

Overall, I love this foundation and will be repurchasing when my current supply runs out. I think this would be great for anyone who is looking for a medium to full coverage foundation, and has oily skin. 


I think this is a good foundation for winter and when you need more coverage, I may change back to healthy mix for the summer though.


I was lucky enough to attend a Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow bloggers event in Swansea recently, and I am waiting for own to arrive so I can test it out. I am really looking forward to it so keep an eye out for my review on that :) 



Rating 4/5

Gemx

2 comments:

  1. Oh is that the drugstore foundation you were telling me to get? I honestly haven't seen it here yet. I'll check how much is shipping if I order it online!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this review, have seen this a few times but wasn't sure whether to purchase, will definitely check it out now though! xx

    http://ocbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...