Wednesday 11 July 2012

Two Ways to Wear: Ombre Nails






I apologise in advance for the state of my nails. I need to find a good cuticle oil which isn't too pricey, so If you have any suggestions let me know!

I have seen ombre nails popping up on lots of blogs and I wanted to try the trend out for myself. I googled 'ombre nails tutorial' and came across a tutorial which involved painting the two colours you are going to use on a piece of paper and dipping a sponge into it. Then dab it onto the nails and repeat until desired effect is achieved. I had planned on linking back to the tutorial but I cant for the life of me find it argh! But here's the end result and pictures of the process. I was so proud of how these turned out as I am so useless at painting my nails. From a distance they looked awesome haha.

I have also seen ombre nails in the form of a dark to light colour on every nail. I think it was on Blake Lively so I decided to try this out too. This type of ombre nails is definitely the least messy and easiest to achieve.

Have you tried the ombre nails trend yet?








Gem x

2 comments:

  1. Love this idea! I'm your latest follower!

    Feel free to check out mine if you like!

    Amanda x

    www.tattytulip.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pink ones look fab, I have been meaning to try this for ages but keep putting it off. I must have a go!!

    Jo xo
    paintedglitter.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...