I love Real Techniques brushes. I own the Core Collection and the Stippling Brush and they are a staple in my make-up bag and I couldn't be without them now. So as it was my birthday I decided to get the Eye Starter Set as a little present to myself. I have been using these for four weeks now, so they have had a good test run.
In the set you get five brushes presented in a brush holder. I really like the brush holder, I use it to keep all my Real Technique brushes together its so handy.
The brushes you get are:
- Base Shadow Brush: I use it for all over lid colour. Its a nice size and really soft. Its great to pack on colour on the lid and actually does this better than my beloved Too Faced brush.
- Deluxe crease brush: Again another big brush. I personally use this to blend shadows, not to apply colour to the crease as I find it too big. I use my Too Faced crease brush to apply colour to the crease and then this brush to blend.
- Accent Brush: This is very similar to my NYX Smudge brush. It can be used for "precision detailing, spotlighting, highlighting, and smudging." I use it for all of the uses described and find it a great little brush.
- Pixel- Point Eyeliner Brush: I like this brush for using a powder eye shadow as an eyeliner. I wouldn't use it for gel liner as I already have a brush that I use for that, (the one that came with Maybelline Gel Eyeliner).
- Brow Brush: This brush is nice and soft and great for applying powder to the eyebrows. It does seem a little big but I find it still does the job well.
Overall I love these brushes. They are great quality, wash easily and are a good price. They are also 100% cruelty free. You can buy Real Techniques Brushes at Boots, and this set retails at £21.99.
Do you own any Real Techniques brushes?