Saturday 3 March 2012

February Glossy Box Review

So I finally received my February Glossy box today, so this review is very late, but I'm still going to do it anyway...

I know that the February box caused frustration with some subscribers, as they didn't receive the same products as other people, and their box was worth less. I can understand their upset, as last month I received a 'lower value' box, but I was still quite pleased with its contents, I would have been happier with the 'highest value' box though. I look at it like this; Glossy box seem to be the most popular beauty box and must have a lot of subscribers. It must be difficult for them to get the high volume of samples they need, so will have to go to different brands for samples, and have a mixture of samples to give to all their subscribers. I also thought that maybe next month I would be lucky and have the box of higher value. In a way I was right;

Here's what I got:


BECCA Beach Tint Watermelon



I have heard of the brand BECCA as their highlighter seems to be a favourite product of Lisa Eldridge. So I was excited to receive this in my box. I am not sure I will be using this a lot though, as I am more of a powder blush lover, So I may swap this as I have a lot of make up in my collection. I may decide to keep it and take it on holiday with me as it is waterproof, so could be useful. I have to say though I couldn't believe the size of this, its tiny but is full sized and retails for £20.00.

DR Bronner Lavender Hand Sanitiser



I love the fact that this is Organic and not tested on animals, and it is very handy and something that I will be definitely using.

Awapuhi by Paul Mitchell Wild Ginger Treatment Oil



Again, another product that I will get use out of. I love the scent of ginger and this hair oil smells divine. I have been bleaching my hair for years so it could definitely do with some TLC.

BM Beauty Pure Mineral Eyeshadow



I have been getting more into mineral makeup recently, so was also pleased to see this in my box. I have the colour Wolf Howl, which is a gorgeous grey toned purple.I will be wearing this on my next night out, it is not really a colour that could be pulled off in the day time.

Como Shambhala Invigorate Shower Gel



I have quite the collection of shower gels and body washes now since I am subscribed to Carmine and Glossy box. I have put this shower gel aside to be taken away with me on holiday, as I find the sample sizes are really handy for this purpose.

So overall, very pleased with my Glossy Box this month, and cant wait to get the Harrods Edition next!

Gemx

4 comments:

  1. The pigment looks gorgeous! Such a pretty colour! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is goregous, more so in real life too :) x

      Delete
  2. I cannot express how much im lovin this beach tint at the min its fab x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah see I'm not that impressed with it, the colour isn't really suited to me I am really pale. Hoping it will serve purpose in the summer when I have a bit of a tan :) x

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...