Tuesday 10 January 2012

MUA Makeup Academy Poptastic Palette Review and Swatches

They say: "The Poptastic Palette contains a fusion of vibrant colours for the more daring, with bright blues to a shocking pink amongst the 12 highly-pigmented eye shadow shades. This palette contains shimmer shades with complimentary shades that keep their vibrancy on all skin tones".



The palette comes nicely packaged, it looks quite sleek and professional. It is slightly difficult to open though, if you have long nails you may find it quite hard to open. 

The palette contains 12 vibrant eyeshadows, 7 of them are blues though, so I would have liked a bit more variety of colours in this palette. They are all gorgeous colours and most of them are pigmented and easy to work with. I am dissapointed with the light yellow, it really doesnt show up on my skin at all, even when I use a primer. I would say that with this palette you need to use quite a stiff brush to pick up the colour. I tried using my too faced brushes with it, but that didnt really pick up any colour at all. I swithched to my Japonesque smugder brush and that worked perfectly. 

First row 

Second row
Overall opinion: I really am pleased with this palette, and for £4 its a bargain. its got quite a nice variety of colours and is of a decent quality. 

Rating: 3.5/5 due to the fact that the first and second colours in row 1, and the sixth colour in row two needed a stiff brush in order to be picked up. 

Here's a quick look I did using the darkest blue and the blue above it. 


Gemx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...