Wednesday 20 March 2013

Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation Review






I discovered this foundation through my friend. Her skin was looking great so I asked her what foundation she was using and she told me it was this one. I managed to get this foundation when it was £5, making it even more of a bargain.

I didn't get on with Rimmels Wake Me Up Foundation so I didn't have hight hopes for this one either, but given the price I was willing to give it a go and I am so glad I did. Its not a perfect foundation, but for the price, its pretty good.

The consistency is quite thick, and I like to apply this with my fingers. It feels nice and hydrating on the skin and doesn't cling to the pesky dry patches around my nose. The finish is quite dewey, so I like to set it with Rimmel Stay Matte Translucent powder.

With the powder, the foundation lasts a good 6 hours on me which I think is great for a drugstore foundation. The coverage is great, as you can see from the picture it covers my acne scars really well.

The only negative is that the lightest shade, Ivory, is a little too dark for me so I have to blend it down onto my neck.

Overall I think this is a great foundation for those of us who need medium-full coverage, and who are on a budget.

I am currenty testing Rimmel True Match Foundation which is a light coverage, and using this one as a concealer for my acne and its working great.

Gem x


3 comments:

  1. It sounds lovely.. but i'm the same as you, it's so dark for Ivory!! Thank god for Rimmel's new Light Porcelain shade with the new Match Perfection. Hopefully they'll introduce this shade in all their foundations! xx
    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the foundation that I generally use on a day to day basis and I love it. Great review!

    www.mysugarrushx.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i use both these foundations try mixing them i do and it gives a great colour and coverage i love them both :) xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...