Sunday 3 February 2013

Sunday Bloggers Interview #4

This week we have the lovely Hollie from Hollies Blog taking part in the bloggers interview. Hollie has a lovely blog where she blogs about Beauty and Fashion. She has a really cute and casual style which I love. I have found a great new blog to read!



-------------------------------------------------



1. Why did you start blogging?

 At the time I started blogging, things weren't too good for me, so after years of watching and reading blogs and vlogs, I thought maybe expressing myself may help. Haha that sounds cheesy I know,  but it has helped me! Oh and I also love fashion and beauty and journalism, so all three mixed together is my blog! I guess it's just somewhere that I can really write what I want to, and not be steered by editors or gcse criterias, and people can relate to posts you write, so it's lovely seeing that you aren't the only one and you can relate to them. Also the blogging community as I like to call it, is soo nice. Everyone is just so nice to each other, and I wanted to be a part of that too.


2. What do you enjoy most about blogging?

I enjoy every aspect of it. I love writing a post, I love the feeling when it's finished and you've put lots of effort in it, I love reading other blogs, I love finding new products, I love communicating with fellow bloggers on twitter. It's the ideal world for me! I have gained a lot from blogging, not just new beauty/fashion tips (which are very helpful) but also confidence in myself, as I would never had the courage to start a blog and circulate with other bloggers like I do now. I LOVE IT!


3. What are your favourite makeup brands?


 Wow this is a toughy. I think my favourite brands would have to be Mua, benefit, bobbi brown, estee lauder, mac and rimmel London. On my blog recently I have been raving about mua, I just love their products and I love their price. Some of my first proper makeup was Estée Lauder so that will always have a special spot with me. I don't actually own any mac makeup (shocker I know!) but I have their brushes and they are just.. Amazing.


5. What are your top 5 favourite beauty products?

 My top beauty products would be:

1) mua undressed palette- I love this because the shades compliment each other and for only £4, it is fantastic quality.
2) rimmel London wake me up foundation- this is my all time foundation, apart from bobbi brown. But that's another story. I purchased the mua foundation after I did the rimmel, and I just couldn't believe how good the rimmel London was compared to the mua. Some people rave about wake me up, others detest it, but for me, I am certainly raving.
3) tangle teezer- wow. This product is just... wow. I did a review on this on my blog which you can check out http://holliesblogs.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/tangle-teezer-review.html?m=1
It is certainly the best hair product for me. 
4) clean and clear deep action cream wash- about 6 months ago, I had quite bad breakouts. So I used this cream religiously for 3 months and my breakouts have stopped and touch wood, I haven't got any since.
5) benefit they're real mascara- now this is a well expensive item, but I think it is honestly worth every penny. I used to wear the maybelline mascara (can't remember which one exactly) but then my mum got a benefit mascara for her birthday and I stole it, and I love it! It really separates each individual lash, making them perceived as longer and fuller.

5. If you are suffering with greasy hair, only condition from the middle of your hair down, avoiding the roots.
If you have spots, apply a towel, which you should soak in hot water, over the spot to make it pop naturally, which means it will not scar.
To get eye makeup off, use Vaseline and it comes off almost instantly.
Always use a primer on your lids to keep eyeshadow on at maximum colour strength
If you use a foundation brush and buff it onto your skin in circular motions, it will leave a nicer effect.



-----------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much to Hollie for taking part. You can visit her lovely blog here

If you would like to take part in the series, click here.

Gem x


2 comments:

  1. Ah I follow hollies blog, I too love tangle teezers! X

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( I click the link but it says blog not found. ??

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...