I love to over pack and if I don't take everything but the kitchen sink feel a little panicky. I think I did quite well though with my makeup, clothes on the other hand, I didn't do too well with.
The one thing I didn't pack and could have done with was a hair dryer, as the one provided with the hotel room was pants. It was one of the ones that you have to keep your finger on the button for it to work, needless to say with very thick hair I came home with a sore finger haha.
So enough rambling here is what I took with me on holiday, makeup wise.
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation - a great foundation, not too heavy and gives a lovely natural glow. I didnt use this during the day as I spent it in the pool with my little ones so this was only really used in the evenings.
- Benefit Porefessional - love this and the size is so handy I just had to take it away with me. I used this under my foundation in the evenings.
- Benefit That Gal - again such a handy size to take away. I love this just as much as the porefessional but used this mainly on its own in the day to give my skin a little glow.
- VIVO Baked Bronzer (not pictured - lost in transit!) - I used this to bronze my skin (obviously). I tanned quite well on my body but my face didn't at all so I used this to try and even it out a bit! I also used it on my shoulders and décolletage to highlight my (slightly) bronzed skin.
- Revlon Bare It All - One of my poundland bargain finds, this is a gold based highlighting cream which I can only get away with using if I am tanned. It gives a lovely bronzed glow to the skin.
- Benefit Powder Time Lover - I love this kit! Its so handy to take away and has lasted me absolutely ages. I got it over a year ago in the Debenhams sale for £12.50 (bargain), and it contains mini versions of Dandelion, Coralista and Dallas.
- Soap and Glory Thick and Fast Mascara - my favourite mascara at the moment, so naturally I had to take it away with me. It isn't waterproof though so I only wore it in the evening and hence why I also took...
- Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof - Actually was a waste of time taking with me. What a rubbish mascara. Didn't give me any extra length or volume and wasn't completely waterproof! Not sure whether to write a review or just chuck it in the bin!
- Avon Glimmersticks Diamonds in Charcoal Grey - I am yet to review this one but I love it. Its the perfect colour to put in my water line when doing a smoky eye (I find black to harsh for me) and its also a nice change from black.
- Rimmel Waterproof Eyeliner in Black - I quite liked this product, and I love the fact that it has a smudger and sharpener built in to it. Very handy.
- Too Faced Natural Eye Kit - I love this kit. I got more use out of the gold colour than usual as it looks nice with a tan. I also use the taupey colour in the top row to fill my brows so I didn't need to take a brow pencil with me.
- GOSH Click and Conceal - I used this as an under eye concealer and it does the job nicely, although does need to be set really well as it will crease.
- Benefit Eye Bright - Used in the water line, also in the tear duct for a wide eyed look.
- George/Asda eye primer
- Mac Viva Glam Nicki Minaj - The perfect summer lipstick colour
- MUA Lipstick in Juicy - Another lovely summery colour. Sort of light corally pink and one I wouldn't be too bothered about losing.
- MUA Lip Balm - Just a simple lip balm, nothing special about it and it goes on quite clear. I do really like the smell though.
- Figs and Rouge Balm - In case I had dry lips while away.
- ELF Glossy Gloss - Ballet Slippers - My favourite gloss at the moment. Its a lovely nude colour and also smells lovely.
- Maybelline Dream Touch Blush - Peach - I used this as a lip colour with the elf gloss over the top and thought it looked really nice :)
- Revlon Lip Butter - Love this for night or day.