Thursday 5 January 2012

Too Faced Naked Eye Palette Review and Swatches

Too Faced Naked Eye Pallet

Hey, I have three of the Too Faced palettes; Naked Eye, Natural Eye and Romantic Eye. I love them All equally, but today I am going to review the Naked Eye pallet, since I have been wearing this one the most recently :)



I love the packaging, it's gorgeous and looks great on my dresser.



The box opens up to reveal the lovely shadows, which are arranged in rows. Each row of three shadows is a 'look'; Day, Classic and Fashion. Day has very subtle 'barley there' colours, Classic has more shimmery colours and Fashion has the most pigmented and dramatic colours in the palette, although as this is the Naked Eye palette, the dramatic look is still quite subtle.  

There are cards included with the palette which give you instructions where to put the colours on your lid. I think this is a lovely idea, however I don't use these as I have partially hooded eyelids so I always like to have the lightest shade on my lid and the darkest in my crease.


Day shadows
In The Buff, Pillow Talk, Like a Virgin.

In The Buff


A Lovely matte off White shade, which goes on quite sheer, but is buildable.


Pillow Talk is a slightly frosted grey-taupe shade, again this is buildable to get a stronger colour if desired.



Like a Virgin is a matte dark taupey colour, this is the most pigmented of the three.

L-R; In The Buff, Pillow Talk, Like a Virgin.

Classic Shadows
Birthday Suit, Satin Sheets, Unmentionables. All three shadows are shimmer, with Satin Sheets having the most shimmer in it.



Birthday Suit is a shimmery light brown with a little glitter in it.



Satin Sheets is a shimmery subtle pink with hints of gold in it. I love this colour and think it is quite unique.


Unmentionables is quite similar to Like a Virgin, a taupey brown, but a more shimmery version of it.


L-R Unmentionables, Satin Sheets, Birthday Suit

Fashion Shadows

Pink Cheeks is a very light sheer glittery pink. This is my least favourite in the palette, but it is still nice, and would be useful to blend a purple look.




Lap Dance is another lovely shade, sort of brown, grey with shimmer and glitter. I have realised the colours in this palette on the whole are difficult to describe :) which is a good thing in my opinion, it shows how lovely and unique they are



Stiletto is a matte black with a bit of glitter and can be built up for a strong look, or blended for a little added drama.




Top to bottom - Pink Cheeks, Lap Dance, Stiletto - all swatches are done on bare skin without a primer.



Overall Opinion
I love this palette! If you are looking for a palette you can use everyday, then this is the one.The quality of the shadows is excellent, most feel like butter to the touch and are very easy to work with I love the fact that there is a great mixture of matte, shimmer and glitter, and none of the shadows are overly glittery. When I wear them with elf primer, they last all day and don't budge until I remove them with my makeup remover. Definitely my go to palette at the moment for a barely there, flawless look. love. I will post a look using this palette soon. Compared to the Natural Eye palette, this one has more cool toned shadows where as the Natural Eye has warm toned shadows which are also great for every day.


Gemx

Rating
5/5, cant fault this palette :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...