Friday 27 January 2012

Review: Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

Finding the right foundation is an extremely difficult task. what may be the perfect foundation for one person may be totally wrong for you, or vice versa.

 I have extremely sensitive, acne prone, combination skin. So for me finding a foundation that suits seems to be nigh on impossible. That is what I thought until one day I stumbled upon Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in Boots.


This is how Bourjois describe the foundation:

"70% more radiance!
Bourjois 1st radiance-boosting fruit therapy foundation: a flawless complexion for up to 16hrs!
Its exquisite and glide-on formula blends onto the skin for a flawless, yet natural finish.
8 hours moisture. Let skin breathe. High tolerance dermatologically tested."

I would describe the coverage as medium, and it does make my skin look less flawed, but I wouldnt call it flawless, and my acne scarring does show through a bit. With a bit of concealer on my skin looks great, really healthy and natural looking. And the best part is that it doesn't break me out, not one bit!  

I love using this foundation for an everyday natural look, but for nights out when I want a bit more coverage and staying power I use Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation.  

The lasting power of this foundation is pretty good, I get at least 6 hours wear and that is without a primer. I would say to avoid this foundation if you have dry skin though as it does tend to highlight patches of dry skin when I have it. 

The only problem I find with this foundation is that the colour match isn't perfect for my skin, so I have to mix the colours 51 and 52 together in winter. In the summer I use shade 52. I would say I am quite pale with golden undertones, so the fact that this foundation has quite a yellowy tinge to it isn't a problem. But for people who are more cool toned this may be a problem for them.

Overall this is my HG foundation for everyday wear!!

Gem Rating: 4/5





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...